Thursday, January 21, 2010

TTC #2

Well we are currently TTC. For those that are not in with the lingo that means Trying to Concieve. Thats right... we are trying for number 2. I know most of you already know this because 1. I don't even know if I have any followers and 2. I share all my life with everyone and their mom. Literally. :)

This seems to be trickier than last time because of breastfeeding. Breastfeeding does a few things to decrease your fertility.

  • Increases prolactin which inhibits ovulation so I am ovulating VERY late.
  • Decreases progesterone which shortens your luteal phase ( the time after ovulation) and makes it difficult for a fertilized egg to implant even if conception took place!
  • Decreases your sexual libidio ( in some women)
So pretty much we have our work cut out for us! I have started acupunture so it has helped me out tremendously so far! My cycles were about 45-60 days and now they are in the 30's which is getting almost close to normal! I love my acupuncture time. It is very relaxing and I know it is doing good things for my whole body. We have technically been trying for 8 months now! We concieved in July but it was very short lived as I started bleeding the very next day after the positive test. It was hard on us but I know things happen for a reason as Tyler is no where near ready to wean or share and I would be due in two months if that were the case.

It is a pretty common misconception that you can not nurse during pregnancy or nurse two! I fully plan on responding to Tylers needs and if that means continuing to nurse him we will do it!

This month we are pulling out all the stops on our TTC journey.
  • Taking Vitex to help regulate my cycles
  • Tim is on Maca Root and Zinc
  • Charting as usual. www.fertilityfriend.com/prettygirls
  • We are planning on using raw egg whites as lubrication as instructed in "Taking charge of your fertility"
  • We will have "together time" every other day starting on day 10 of my cycle until we confirm ovulation with a temperature shift
  • I will be taking ovulation predictor tests starting on day 10
Now that you know more than you could ever care to about my sex life and lubrication I am out for the day.

We are doing a raw vegan detox this weekend so I will update about that as well. I also am starting my journey to become a lactation consultant and I have my first class next week!

No comments: